Posted May 05, 2018 18:00:40 A popular mango fruit vendor is closing up shop and moving to a new location in Sydney’s inner west after a legal challenge from a family who say the fruit has become a source of public health concern.
The mango-flavoured food was once sold at a popular fruit market in Sydney.
The city’s Health Department was asked to investigate the mango-selling business in November last year, after the Department of Health received complaints about the mangoes’ taste.
A family said they believed the fruit was a potential source of concern because it contains a substance called pectin, which is associated with obesity.
The department concluded there was insufficient evidence to investigate and fined the business $3,500.
The fruit vendor has not commented.
Health authorities are now investigating a number of mangoes sold at the market.
They are seeking information about how the fruit is grown, who makes the fruit and whether there is a strict monitoring regime to prevent the fruit from becoming a source for public health concerns.
The Food Standards Agency says there is no evidence that pectins are linked to cancer.
It says there has been no evidence to suggest that there has ever been a case of pectosporin poisoning.
But the family who sold the fruit say the public health risk posed by the fruit had become too much for them.
“I was so worried about my health that I was scared to go out to eat,” the woman who bought the mango said.
“But I had to buy it because it was selling at the fair, so it was my only option.
I’ve just moved to a different part of town and the other part of the town is not so big.
It’s not the same.”
I don’t think it’s a good use of my time.
I think the fruit should be sold in a safe environment.
“The fruit was not sold to consumers in Sydney, where the Fair Food Market is located.
But it is sold in other parts of the country.
The Department of Agriculture and Food, Food and Forestry, the health department and the Department for Environment and Water Management are all involved in the investigation. “
The market was not able to respond to our inquiries as it did not have the expertise to determine whether a specific fruit was safe for consumption,” they said.
The Department of Agriculture and Food, Food and Forestry, the health department and the Department for Environment and Water Management are all involved in the investigation.
The woman who purchased the mango and her husband are both planning to move to Queensland.
“It’s very sad.
It has been a very good family business,” the couple said.